Tuesday, March 30, 2010

God’s Provision and Safety

“My help cometh from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.” --Psalm 121:2, 5
What an incomprehensible thought:
God who made heaven and earth,
Who lifted the mountains above the valleys,
Who bounded the waves of the seas,
Who strung the stars in galaxies unnumbered,
Who made the dry land and peopled the forests with animals,
Who gave man dominion and power over the Creation,
Even He, even He is my keeper,
My shade upon my right hand,
My Companion and Saviour and Friend.

He is never too busy to hear me when I call,
Never too remote to be concerned for my welfare,
Never too busy to radiate care and concern
In infinite ways beyond numbering.

How can my heart respond on this another day
He has given me to rejoice and be glad in?

With gratitude.
It wells up like some overflowing fountain
And eradicates all thirst and want.
With gladness.
Joy unspeakable and full of glory fills my cup.
With awe.
He is Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
He neither slumbers nor sleeps, and He observes my
Going out and my coming in, from henceforth—forevermore!
Selah!

c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment