Monday, March 29, 2010

New Every Morning

His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
great is Thy faithfulness. –Lamentations 3:22-23
The sun is bright this morning
on lawn and trees crackling with frost.
I shiver as I walk to the road for the daily paper.
Grateful for a warm house, I settle with a second cup of coffee
to read the news of the day. Some good is mixed with the sensational.
Here in the daily paper are items about which I pray:
Leaders, local, national and world. Conditions of hunger and economic duress, job loss and closures.

I remember the verse that stood out to me this morning:

“His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
great is Thy faithfulness.” -Lamentations 3:22-23

A three point devotional is contained in these verses, one that I should hear myself every day of the new year:

I. God’s compassions fail not! How can I even name them? So numerous they defy listing: He is Abba, Father, Sustainer, Keeper, Shade on my right hand, Provider, Sovereign.

II. His compassions are new every morning! My gratitude lifts because of His constant provision. I make a call to one who is enduring grief. We praise God together.

III. Great is thy faithfulness. In storm and shadow, darkness and light, God is faithful. God, in this new year, I will depend more on You and less on self. I will lift grateful heart to You, evening and morning and at noon my thoughts and prayers will rise. For You hear, You walk with me and I with you. Selah! Amen!

c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Monday, January 4, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment