Friday, December 31, 2010

Messiah: Earth Filled with the Knowledge of His Glory

“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters that cover the sea.” (Habakkuk 3:14. NKJV). “But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and the Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.” (Revelation 21:22-26. NKJV).
It is fitting that these devotionals on Messianic prophecies and New Testament fulfillments end with the vision that the whole earth will be filled with the knowledge and the glory of the Lord. We speak of the new Jerusalem, a time in the future when “As I live, says the Lord, ‘Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.’ “ (Romans 14:11. NKJV. Quoting Isaiah 45:23). Since the time is coming when all will acknowledge the Truth of Messiah, that He is, indeed, as He claimed, “The Way, the Truth and the Life” (John 14:6), it is better to trust Him before the day of judgment than to find that all will, whether willingly and of their own volition or not, bow before Him and acknowledge Who He is, the Everlasting Son of God, the Prince of Peace, the Savior of all who come to Him in faith.
I don’t understand why God would love me so much He would send His son to die for me. But in simple childlike faith, I accept that infinite truth. I have based my life and work on the knowledge that I belong to Him and I am someone whom He loved enough to die for. I, therefore, should love Him enough to live for Him. He has given me a partnership of teaching. Even through these devotionals of a year’s duration now I hope some of the truths revealed to me have been an inspiration to readers. I am grateful that I was able to keep my January 1, 2010 resolution to write and share devotionals based on His remarkable Word throughout the year. These have helped me to grow in grace and have come at a time when I needed the discipline and inspiration of intensive Bible study to help me through my dear husband’s worsening physical condition. He lies now at the threshold of death, transition into glory. God has strengthened Him and me through this long journey of illness, and we will see God’s hand and purpose even in these last days. Share where you can and with every person you can the knowledge of the glory of the Son of God, our Savior. We who believe in Him are His chosen vessels for this purpose. We have the privilege of spreading abroad the knowledge of His glory to the ends of the earth. The gospel came to you and me on its way to someone else. May we consider what a privilege is ours to be bearers of the Good News! To God be the glory, and bless you everyone in the new year. Solo Christos! One Lord and Savior! Praise!
c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Friday, December 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment