Monday, March 29, 2010

The Blessing of Peace

Lord, I greet you with gratitude and humility on this first day of 2010. A friend e-mailed me to say: “Let us pray for peace in 2010!” Will the time ever come when the lion will lie down with the lamb, Lord? We continue to have wars, rumors of wars, terrorism, unrest. But I hear Your Voice saying “There is an answer…”

“The Lord will give strength unto His people;
the Lord will bless His people with peace.” -Psalm 29:11

May God give peace to you, my Christian brothers,
And love, with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
” –Eph. 6:23 (TLB)

Today a brand new year
Stretches before us like the pages
Of an unwritten book.
In our country and in the world
Turmoil exists;
There seems to be no peace, no trust,
No rest from troubles.
Yet within the heart of every child of God
It is possible to have peace, joy, gratitude,
Hope and vitality.
These are gifts of promise from the Almighty
Who orders the Universe and visits every believing heart,
Saying, “I will give strength to My people;
I will bless My people with peace.”
Peace is not a result of outward circumstances,
Although we can be buffeted about by them.
Peace is a gift of God, as is love.
We love because He first loved us.
We have peace because He is the author of peace.
He assists us to write Peace upon the pages of our lives.
I know not what 2010 holds, and it is good I do not know.
But this one thing I know: I walk with God; God walks with me.
In the pathway of life with Him there is always, every day and night,
Peace, joy, gratitude, hope and vitality.
Thanks be to the Prince of Peace, the Author of Peace!

c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Friday, January 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment