Monday, March 29, 2010

Promises Fulfilled, Promises Pending

I’m still thinking about peace, Lord. Peace for myself and for countless others who, as I, surely long to have assurance within whether we can have peace without or not, with the condition of our land and the world as we begin a new year and a new decade. But what I need to remember is that “the times are in Your hands,” to order and to fulfill in Your good season, in Your good timing.

“The Lord will go out before you.” – II Samuel 5:24

“I will open doors for you…”I will go before you…
I made the light and the darkness,
I bring peace…I, the Lord, do all these things.” –Isaiah 45:1b, 2a, 7

“From the fullness of His grace we have all received
one blessing and another.” -John 1:16

Today is the second day of a brand new year.
God sees this year’s beginning and its end.
He knows the doors we’ll walk through,
He is present to guide us and defend.

With a word aeons ago He made the light
And bade fearsome darkness flee.
Amazing though this concept be,
He knows all about you and me.

Not necessarily without the fear of war
Is His sure promise to bring peace,
But in our inward heart of hearts
He makes our fears and strivings cease.

Promises fulfilled, promises pending
Are all on the agenda of our days.
Going before us, walking beside us,
We can depend on God’s firm ways.

c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Saturday, January 2, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment