Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In Everything Be Joyful, Pray, Give Thanks?

Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus. I Thes. 5:16-18. (NCV)

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. I Thes. 5:16-18. (Msg)

I placed a question mark after the title
Because I admit I don’t understand
How God through Paul could ask us here
To take such an unusual stand:

Filled with joy always, Lord,
Even when death waits in the wings?
Pray and give thanks always, Lord,
Even when weighted with troublous things?

“Always, always,” the Lord replies.
“This is my will for you.
For if joy floods your heart
And praise your lips, I am in your view.”

“Never take your eyes from Me;
Without Me you will be lost
On a sea of troubles too deep and wide;
I must be there for you to cross.”

Then I knew in the night reaches
Joy is possible as His free gift;
And any time I can pray, give thanks,
Then immediately my spirits lift.

“With God all things are possible.”
He can make the hard places bright,
And whatever the ways I go through
I can be joyful through His might.


c Ethelene Dyer Jones; Saturday, January 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment